Geodesic Dome Construction with Cobb Wall
Green Angel Gardening would like to thank Larry Warnberg for his help. He spearheaded WWOOFer coordination as well as the planning and building of our dome.
The Geodesic Dome Greenhouse at Green Angel Gardens is called “Bucky” in honor of Buckminster Fuller who designed the first domes. Our greenhouse was designed and manufactured by Growing Spaces, Inc. in Colorado. There are many teaching points for sustainable living practices that are incorporated into the structure:
- Heat activated vent openers.
- Insulated raised beds for maximum growth potential.
- Thermal mass water tank to store and relaese heat.
- Reflective northern internal wall reflects heat and sun in the winter months.
- Insulated base wall outside to keep cold and damp air from penetrating.
- Circulation system for heated air to be conducted under the raised bed to keep the roots warm.
All of this and extremely sturdy in strong winds. Contact us for more information.